Daffodils

BONKERS FOR DAFFODILS
If you love the sight of daffodils in the spring, this fall will be the right time to add to your collection. I have a dozen varieties and add at least one more every year.

Mary Lou Gripshover, mgripshover@cinci.rr.com, has been a daffodil fan for more years than I have been gardening.
At one time, she wrote an online column about daffs.

Still available online, the ten articles' topics include her favorite daffs, the best suppliers of bulbs, getting blooms in January.

The bulb suppliers listed - Mitsch Daffodils, Oakwood Daffodils, Daffodils and More, Cheery Creek Daffodils, McClure and Zimmerman, Brent and Becky's Bulbs and Old House Gardens.

Read them all at
http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/daffodils

From Gripshover's online bio, "I now grow between 700 and 1000 cultivars of daffodils. I do a bit of hybridizing, and have registered several daffodils.
In the intervening years, I served in many positions for The American Daffodil Society, including editing The Daffodil Journal for eight years. I was awarded the ADS Silver Medal for service to the ADS in 1984. Later I served eight years as that Society's Executive Director. The Royal Horticultural Society was kind enough to award their Peter Barr Memorial Cup, for work with daffodils, to me in 1993. In 1999, the ADS awarded their Gold Medal to me for work with daffodils, and in 2004 I was elected president of the ADS. I've gardened in Columbus, Ohio; Franklin, Tennessee; and Santa Clara, CA; before coming to Milford (Zone 5-6), and the daffodils made the move each time. Does that qualify for a "passion for daffodils" or what!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moldy Tulip Bulbs

Propagate Begonia Stem Cuttings in water - Cane-like Angel Wing Begonia

Create Nesting Areas for Birds and Wildlife