Seed Germination Story - Great Customer Serivce

Cosmos flowers are one of the most fun annuals I plant. The stems are tall, and the flowers are lovely rayed discs that the butterflies find irresistible. In late summer, and until hard frost the stems sway in the breeze while butterflies hang on tight.

This year I'm planting both for my butterfly habitat and also for Muskogee's butterfly garden at Honor Heights Park.

So, I purchased three packs of Cosmos seeds from Ferry-Morse, Burpee and Sow Easy. The Sow Easy seeds were coated with clay, lime and perlite. All three packs were planted the same day in cell trays.

As of now the Ferry-Morse Sensation and Burpee Little Princess have filled the 72-cell trays with little plants now growing their second set of leaves. The Sow Easy has produced exactly 4 plants that still have their cotyledons (seed leaves).

So I called the phone number on the package and the woman I spoke with is sending me a few packs of Cosmos seeds to replace the one dud package. Great interaction. Zero hassle.

Hats off to Plantation Products in Norton MA - www.plantationproducts.com

The last time I raved about Cosmos was in 2014. Here's a link to that article with complete Cosmos planting and growing information.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moldy Tulip Bulbs

Propagate Begonia Stem Cuttings in water - Cane-like Angel Wing Begonia

Cold-hardy Gardenias for zone 7