In the Shade

Whether you call it Phlox divaricata, Woodland Phlox, Wild Blue Phlox or Wild Sweet William this lovely plant comes back in April with tiny blue flowers waving in the wind under the deciduous trees. It will reliably cheer you with a month of bloom.

Trilliums are also reliable Oklahoma shade garden plants that are a wonder of early spring.

These are Trilliums in my shade bed. Click here to see the Trillium FloraPix online library of images from around the world. It is breathtaking to see these fragile beauties. We need to plant them in our gardens because they need our help to save them from extinction.
The bulldozers, you know, build the world's economy but take the habitat of Trillium and other fragile friends of the Earth.

Comments

Sally said…
I wrote down the names of those beautiful varieties--thanks for telling us about them. I'm always on the lookout for decent plants for my shady back yard.
Martha said…
I'm with you. I want my shade beds to be beautiful with plants that need to be planted more widely.

I have a few hostas and other common plants but also wonderful uncommon ones.

As they come up and bloom, I'll keep posting photos and information about them.

Popular posts from this blog

Moldy Tulip Bulbs

Propagate Begonia Stem Cuttings in water - Cane-like Angel Wing Begonia

Cold-hardy Gardenias for zone 7