Snake - can you help me identify this visitor?

Sitting on the couch with my first cup of coffee this morning, I looked out the door and saw a visitor.
That little back deck gets all kinds of visitors including, birds, all manner of bugs, lizards, frogs, turtles but this morning's snake was the first to actually come to visit so close to humans.
The photos on Snakes of Oklahoma's site (here) make me think it is a juvenile Black Ratsnake, Elaphe obsoleta obsoleta.

The Herpes of Arkansas site (here) has info
 on our entire population of alligator, lizard, snake, turtle, frog and salamander friends.

 From the photos and description on the Herps site, another guess could be the Prairie Kingsnake (Lampropeltis calligaster calligaster). Take a look at the photos here.

It is clear that this visitor was not happy to see the long lens pointed in its direction!
If you can help me identify my new friend post a comment
or email me please  MollyDay1@gmail.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moldy Tulip Bulbs

Propagate Begonia Stem Cuttings in water - Cane-like Angel Wing Begonia

Create Nesting Areas for Birds and Wildlife